Neelakantha Meditation as taught in Blue Throat Yoga with Natasha “Tasha” Judson:
Neelakantha Meditation is an exquisite, simple practice for going deep inside to the core of our being. We emerge refreshed, revitalized, and prepared for activity. The practice is natural, working with the nature of the mind. Neelakantha Meditation locates our capacity to easily move inwards effortlessly, without harsh concentration. We simply sit down comfortably, close the eyes and begin.
Neelakantha Meditation connects to the natural functioning of the mind to move towards more, locating a current of awareness that is drawn towards less activity and more wholeness. In this way, the natural functioning of the power of the body grows. The body knows how to integrate and move towards wholeness.
We also learn key concepts for understanding what is happening as we meditate, so that the mind is able to register and value the process. Neelakantha Meditation is deeply profound, simple and easy to practice, and highly practical. As the power of the body grows, it releases contractions, stress and tension and allows our natural capacities to reveal themselves and operate more fully and freely in our daily activities.
Neelakantha Meditation works with the nature of the body and the mind, so it is natural and easy to learn, featuring:
Easy, natural, effortless practice
Individually tailored method
Integration of experiential and theoretical understandings
Support for householder life and livelihood
Nourishment for well being of the body and capacity of the mind
Daily, lifelong practice
No beliefs, skills or talents are necessary for this exquisite practice to work fully. Over time with regular practice, Neelakantha Meditation discloses greater access to the sublime vibratory nature of consciousness at the core of our own nature, to the free and unconditioned source and support for life.
This course in Neelakantha Meditation begins with individual formal instruction along with two sets of explanations. These teachings take place in three sessions of about two hours each, held over over 2-4 days. In these sessions you learn the practice that is right for you, how to do your practice, and you learn in the proper way. In this formal process you receive the essential tools with the enlivened capacity to initiate and deepen your beautiful, life-enhancing meditation practice. This practice cannot be learned online or from a book but requires live, personal instruction.
After formal instruction, your course in Neelakantha Meditation proceeds with support from your teacher as well as from Blue Throat Yoga meditation school:
- You are warmly invited to participate in local meditation group practices with Tasha in Williamstown, MA and North Bennington, VT.
- Please email questions and comments to Tasha at any time, or to set up a phone or in-person meeting to discuss your practice.
Through Blue Thoat Yoga:
- Live tele seminars including Q&A with Paul Muller Ortega and the Neelakantha Meditation Initiates Guiding Group of Blue Throat Yoga.
- Eighteen monthly Invitations to Inquiry, including short audio recordings and documents on a particular topic in support of your meditation practice.
- Extensive online library of pre-recorded talks, FAQs, and translations by Paul Muller-Ortega, PhD.
- Eligibility for Vibrating Silence Retreats. Additional practices are taught that support your meditation. Retreat circumstance of dedicated practice in the company of Paul and other meditators is a precious opportunity to deepen your practice and return to life renewed.
- You are always welcome to attend any Day 2 teachings with an authorized teacher of Neelakantha Meditation, including Paul. There is no cost but it is necessary to pre-register.
- Blue Throat Yoga is a school which in addition to meditation teaching offers retreats and study courses to support your practice.
Maximum Enrollment: 5 people receiving personalized individual instruction per two-day course. To register for this course, please email [email protected] We are happy to schedule your course at times that work for you.
Contribution: Regular $450. Full time students 18-26 years old and seniors 75-85, $360. Over 86 years old, $0.
Blue Throat Yoga is a school for meditation practice and study founded in 2006 by scholar and teacher Dr. Paul Muller-Ortega. For more information, please visit the Blue Throat Yoga website and Blue Throat Yoga Facebook page.